Acceptance of your application to enrol at the Wellington Institute of Technology (‘WelTec’) or Whitireia Community Polytechnic (‘Whitireia’) is subject to you meeting the admission and programme requirements (if any) and the availability of places on your selected course(s).
WelTec and Whitireia reserve the right to cancel, postpone or change the location of courses and/or programmes and shall not be liable for any claim other than the portion of the fees relating to the cancelled course or programme.
Use of Information and Privacy Statement
The purpose of this enrolment form is to obtain from you the information we need to enrol you into a qualification and to collect information required by the Ministry of Education and other Government agencies for statistical and administrative reasons.
WelTec and Whitireia collaborate to offer students more study options and more places to study. To do this, WelTec and Whitireia share student information to plan delivery and provide student services at all campuses, including for enrolment administration, Library and Information Services, Learning Support, Disability Support, Careers Advice, scholarships, graduation and academic records, and student conduct and complaints.
WelTec and Whitireia collect and store information from this form to:
- manage the business of WelTec and Whitireia
- communicate promotional information relevant to WelTec and Whitireia
- share with the Wellington Regional Council and Auckland Regional Council and their agencies to confirm eligibility for transport discounts
- stay in contact with alumni
- comply with the requirements of the Education and Training Act 2020 and other legislation relating to maintenance of official records and accountability for public funding
- supply information to the following government agencies:
- Audit New Zealand
- Ministry of Education
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- Tertiary Education Commission
- Ministry of Social Development
- Immigration New Zealand.
- Those agencies use the data supplied to:
- administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding
- develop policy advice for government
- conduct statistical analysis and research.
The Ministry of Education may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975.
When required by law, WelTec and Whitireia release information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice and Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records and to funding organisations that have a right to enrolment information (e.g. Industry Training Organisations).
By submitting this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that WelTec and Whitireia will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 2020, the Education and Training Act 2020 and other relevant legislation.
WelTec or Whitireia may contact you via telephone, post, email and/or text message regarding your enrolment.
You may see information Whitireia and WelTec have collected about you and you have the right to amend any errors.
- I hereby apply for enrolment as a student at the Wellington Institute of Technology (‘WelTec’) or Whitireia Community Polytechnic (‘Whitireia’) and, if accepted, I agree to comply with the Academic Statute, Student Code of Conduct, and related policies on the WelTec website www.weltec.ac.nz and Whitireia website www.whitireia.ac.nz
- I acknowledge my responsibility to be aware of the Programme Regulations and examination entry dates, including any external examinations related to my study.
- I declare that all information I have supplied on this form and any attached documentation to be true and complete and I acknowledge that WelTec may cancel my enrolment if false information has been supplied, or required information is not supplied by the due start date of the programme.
- I have read and understood the provisions of the Privacy Act, as outlined in this Enrolment Form and I authorise the institute to collect, use and disclose the information in this form to StudyLink.
- I acknowledge that if I opt into SMART, my personal information will be held by my local library and by other libraries in the Wellington region.
- I understand that WelTec and Whitireia capture photographs and videos of events, activities and classroom situations where I may be present and I agree that my image can be used for WelTec and Whitireia marketing where the image is of a group setting. I understand I have the right to refuse permission if the image focuses on me as an individual and I undertake to advise the photographer, videographer or staff member if I do not want my likeness to be captured or used.
- If accepted, I undertake to pay all fees and any course related costs as they become due and to meet any late fees and collections charges associated with debt recovery.