Acceptance of your application to enrol at the Wellington Institute of Technology (‘WelTec’) or Whitireia Community Polytechnic (‘Whitireia’) is subject to you meeting the admission and programme requirements (if any) and the availability of places on your selected course(s).
WelTec and Whitireia reserve the right to cancel, postpone or change the location of courses and/or programmes and shall not be liable for any claim other than the portion of the fees relating to the cancelled course or programme.
The purpose of this enrolment form is to obtain from you the information we need to enrol you into a qualification and to collect information required by the Ministry of Education and other Government agencies for statistical and administrative reasons.
WelTec and Whitireia collaborate to offer students more study options and more places to study. To do this, WelTec and Whitireia share student information to plan delivery and provide student services at all campuses, including for enrolment administration, Library and Information Services, Learning Support, Disability Support, Careers Advice, scholarships, graduation and academic records, and student conduct and complaints.
WelTec and Whitireia collect and store information from this form to:
The Ministry of Education may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975.
When required by law, WelTec and Whitireia release information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice and Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records and to funding organisations that have a right to enrolment information (e.g. Industry Training Organisations).
By submitting this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that WelTec and Whitireia will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 2020, the Education and Training Act 2020 and other relevant legislation.
WelTec or Whitireia may contact you via telephone, post, email and/or text message regarding your enrolment.
You may see information Whitireia and WelTec have collected about you and you have the right to amend any errors.
These terms and conditions relate to the ‘Download to Win’ competition promoted by Whitireia Community Polytechnic Ltd (Whitireia) and the Wellington Institute of Technology Ltd (WelTec) and ends 14:00hr 27th July 2021. The prizes eligible to be awarded include:
Entries eligible to win a prize must:
‘Download to Win’ Terms and Conditions:
1. By downloading the ‘My Day @Whitireia and WelTec App’ during the competition period, you acknowledge you are entering the ‘Download to Win’ promotion and will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result in the entry being invalid.
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected submissions or incomplete entries. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. Only one entry obtained via the download of ‘MyDay @WandW’ App from the Apple App or Google Play stores to a personal device ‘owned’ by a current Whitireia or WelTec student will be accepted as per the competition advertisement.
5. By entering the competition winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Whitireia and WelTec or the promoter and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
6. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
8.Winner(s) will be notified on Tuesday 27 July. Prizes can be picked up from one of our campuses.
9. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
10. Only entries received by the closing date 14:00hr Monday 27 July 2021 will be accepted.
11. Winners will be randomly selected.
12. Winners will be notified by phone and email.
13. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within 7 days, at Whitireia and WelTec option that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be redrawn.
14. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Whitireia and WelTec and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
15. Entry is open to current students at Whitireia or WelTec only. A current student is defined as an individual enrolled in any programme of study that they are actively engaged in progressing during 2021 and the winner(s) will be requested to share a valid Whitireia or WelTec student ID as proof of enrolled status. Employees of Whitireia or WelTec are not eligible to enter these promotions.
16. The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. All entries become the property of Whitireia and WelTec and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
18. Under the Privacy Act 2020, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Whitireia and WelTec email@example.com