How do I apply to enrol?

You can apply to enrol either in person, online or by post.

Apply Online with Whitireia

Apply Online with WelTec


What do I need to provide?

A completed Application to Enrol form, a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport plus any additional entry requirement information (such as health declaration, references, safety check, criminal conviction declaration, record of learning, academic transcripts/records) if applicable.


Why do we ask for your birth certificate or passport?

We need proof of your legal name, date of birth and citizenship or residency. If your name has changed you will also need to provide proof of the change e.g. a marriage certificate.


Can I bring a photocopy of my birth certificate?

Yes, if it has been verified (signed) by a solicitor, Justice of the Peace (JP) or kaumātua. We can also photocopy and verify your original documents for you.


How do I get a student loan or allowance?

Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz. You should do this well before your programme starts so that it is processed in plenty of time.


When do I pay my fees?

After you have been offered a place on your programme and you have confirmed your acceptance, you can pay your fees. See 'Funding your study' for more information.


How and when do I get my student ID card?

After your enrolment has been completed, visit our Information & Enrolment team and they’ll organise it for you. You will need a student ID card to print, photocopy, access the library, the computer networks and other student support services at Whitireia and WelTec.


Still not sure?

Get in touch