Jump to:
> Online study FAQ's

The international application process can be difficult. Here are some answers to your most important questions.

How do I apply to enrol?

You can apply to enrol by filling in an application to enrol form or through an approved recruitment agent. 

Whitireia Enrolment Form

WelTec Enrolment Form

How do I get in contact with an agent?

list of authorised agents is available on our website. 

What do I need to provide to enrol?

You need to provide us with:

  • a completed Application to Enrol form: Whitireia Enrolment Form and WelTec Enrolment Form

  • a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport

  • any additional entry requirement information (e.g. a health declaration, references, safety check, criminal convictions declaration, a record of learning, academic transcripts/records)

  • evidence of IELTS or equivalent English certificate

Why do you need my passport?

We need proof of your legal name, date of birth and citizenship or residency. If your name has changed, you’ll need to provide proof of the change (e.g. marriage certificate). You must also provide proof of eligibility to study in New Zealand (visa and residency status). 

How long does it take to confirm my enrolment?

If we have everything we need from you, it usually takes between two to five working days. Enrolment confirmation will be sent back to you directly or to your recruitment agent, if you used one. 

When do I pay my fees?

If you’re in New Zealand, you can pay your fees after you’ve been offered a place on the programme you applied for, and you’ve confirmed your acceptance. If you’re overseas, you should pay your fees when you receive your visa approval from immigration.

How and when do I get my student ID card?

Your student ID card will be issued during International Orientation. ID cards can be issued at all Whitireia and WelTec campuses Your student ID card is used to print, photocopy, access the library, the computer networks and other student support services at Whitireia and WelTec. 

Can I decide to withdraw from part or all of my programme of study?

If you change your mind before your programme starts please contact us. You’ll need to complete the Whitireia and WelTec International Student Withdrawal and Refund Procedures apply. The circumstances and timing of your withdrawal will determine what percentage of refund you’re eligible for. The Whitireia & WelTec Student Withdrawal policy applies. 

Can I work while I study?

If you’re studying with us full-time at Level 5 or higher, you can work for up to 20 hours per week and full-time during the holidays. 

How do I get a full-time student visa?

Once you’ve paid your tuition fees and we’ve issued you a receipt, you can then start the application process for a student visa. You can do this through Immigration New Zealand or through your recruitment agent. 

Can I buy insurance through Whitireia & WelTec?

You can apply for travel and medical insurance through us. We also have a list of approved insurance providers. Get in touch with us for more information.

Online Study FAQ's

Download here