Advice about career pathways, or seeking a job is available. Our Work Placement Coordinator, Justin Joseph has close links with employers who are seeking new graduates for work.
Career Link is the place to come with questions or concerns about how to succeed in your career search and for help with:
- Skills needed to find work within your study area as you work towards career success
- Connecting with speakers or workshops to develop your job-seeking skills
We can help you manage the challenges of being a newcomer to New Zealand and seeking a job.
Career Link will provide help with:
- Job search, Identifying your skills
- Online job applications
- Form filling
- CV and cover letters
- Making the best of phone calls
- Networking - marketing your skills
- New Zealand employment law - your rights, minimum wage communicating with your employer
- Interview skills - (individual and group) NZ interview styles, body language, suitable dress, good questions to ask at interviews, effective ways to answer questions