Whitireia & WelTec are wholly-owned Crown entity subsidiary company of NZIST, known for its high student success rates and culturally diverse student body.
The Auckland Campus is located on Queen Street in the heart of Auckland CBD. It is a multi-cultural campus with learning support services tailored to the needs of international students. The Whitireia Auckland campus was established in 2002 with a focus on providing academic programmes to speakers of English as a second language. The campus initially offered the New Zealand Diploma in Business and English language programmes and had 200 international students enrolled by the end of the year.
The Auckland City Campus now offers English, Business and Information Technology programmes. The Auckland Campus is also home to the New Zealand Radio training school.
Why choose Whitireia Auckland Campus?
- A wholly-owned Crown entity subsidiary company of NZIST
- Auckland city centre location, great access to local amenities-cafes, parks, city library, shopping, buses, ferries, etc
- An international campus, excellent cultural diversity
- Engaging friendly tutors-everyone is known individually and valued
- Strong industry links with an internship component
- Customized career support, high student success rates
- Affordable courses, breadth and depth of study options
- Flexible study pathways, wise study options
- Great learning support, exciting student experience
- Newly-renovated student-centred campus
The Auckland Campus is located at 450 Queen Street, Auckland Central. It is a well-designed, modern campus with a range of facilities available to students.
- Library – Library and Learning Support Advisors are available to assist students. Computer and printing access is also available in the library.
- Café – Food and drinks are available for purchase from the onsite cafe
- Common room – including a student kitchen, games area and vending machine
- Meeting rooms – bookings for group study can be made on campus
- Sick Bay – for students who are not feeling well or need time out. Trained First Aiders are available to assist onsite.
The Auckland Campus is Smoke-Free.
- Information Kiosk
- Student Support Services
- Work Placement Officer
- ICT Services
- Sick Bay
- Programme Manager Officers
- Tutor Offices
- New Zealand Radio Training School
Graduating students say:
- “The diverse and trustworthy faculty hold a lot of experience and wisdom and we are now prepared to work with people from all different cultures, and all walks of life.”
- “As international students, we have made NZ our home for this study and maybe beyond. Studying here has enabled us to be international leaders, and vital members of a supportive learning community”
- “Most of my peers found employment during, or just after, doing their study”