- Head to the registration area as we need to know you are here and ready to graduate
- You will then line up in programme order and seating order
- It is important that you stay in the correct order. If you are unsure about anything, please speak to a marshal.
- Marshals will be on hand to help you with your academic dress.
Congratulations and presentation of qualifications
- Each graduand will be asked by a marshal to head towards the stage
- When it’s your turn, walk across the stage to shake hands with the designated official presenter
- If you’re receiving a Degree, a ceremonial trencher will be held over your head and you will be instructed to put your trencher on your head
- If you already hold a degree you may wear your trencher onto the stage
- You will be presented with your qualification as you leave the stage
- Don’t forget to smile as there will be photos taken while you are both on and off the stage
Closing speeches and karakia
- After the closing speeches and karakia, the official procession of staff leaves the stage and you follow
- The ceremonies will take approximately two hours
After the Ceremony there will be light refreshments. This is an opportunity to mix and mingle with your fellow graduates and academic staff.