The ‘Introduction to Public Health Nursing' eLearning module has been created in partnership with Regional Public Health and CPD@Whitireia. It is designed for those that are new to Public Health Nursing, those that are interested in Public Health in the future and for current Public Health Nurses who would like a refresher!
- To understand and articulate the breadth of Public Health Nursing practice, including both personal and population health.
- To understand the contribution and potential of Public Health Nursing towards improving the health outcomes of children, young people and their family in the communities in which they live, work and play.
- To understand the role of the new Knowledge and Skills framework, Te Rakau o te Uru Kahikatea in supporting and guiding the development of Public Health Nursing.
- Defining Key Terms
- Defining Public Health Nursing
- Public Health Nursing Knowledge and Skills Framework
- Population Health
- Determinants of Health
- Public Health Interventions
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi in Public Health Practice
Use voucher 'Freeme' to get this course for free
For More Information About This Module